Frey is a mixed martial arts fighter currently competing in the atomweight division for Invicta FC. Though she tips the scale at only 105 pounds, her power suggests someone who’s less beauty and more beast. Frey made her name in 2013 by defeating Darla Harris in a video that went viral on the Internet. A left high kick followed by a left hand flattened Harris, and had many MMA pundits calling it the knockout of the year.
In September 2016, Frey challenged Ayaka Hamasaki for the atomweight title belt, but lost by doctor’s stoppage due to a severe cut over the left eye. If it turns out that MMA superstardom isn’t in her future, Frey has plenty to fall back on. In 2015, she earned her MBA while working full time at an outpatient cancer facility in Arlington, TX, where she administers radiation therapy.
Frey’s well-roundedness includes a flair for the dramatic as well. She often dresses as pop-culture warriors—such as Chun-Li from the Street Fighter II arcade game, or superheroes like Iron Man—at weighins.
- 2x Invicta FC Atomweight World Champion
- SCS Atomweight Champion
- Purple belt in BJJ
- 2013 Texas Pro Rookie of the Year
- 2013 Texas Female KO of the Year
- Inside MMA Bazzie Award Nominee for KO of the Year
- 2014 Invicta Fight of the Year Nominee
- 2014 Invicta Sub of the Year Nominee
- 2018 Invicta Fighter of the Year
- Graduated High School in 3 Years with a Distinguished Achievement Diploma in the top 2%
- Graduated with an A.A.S. in Nuclear Medicine Summa Cum Laude
- Graduated with a B.S. in Radiologic Sciences Summa Cum Laude
- Graduated with an MBA August 2015 Summa Cum Laud