Fatter is better.
If there’s one thing food connoisseurs and clean eaters have in common, it’s a love of nut butters. So we asked ourselves, “How could traditional nut butter be made even more delicious and nutritious”?
Fatbutter® is the answer.
Starting with a nut butter base, we’ve blended in other sources of healthy fats—including macadamia nuts, coconut oil, organic chia seeds, and organic hemp seeds—resulting in the richest, creamiest nut butter yet that boasts a better ratio of Omega-6 to Omega-3 fats than any plain nut butter alone.
Ingredients: Cashew, Macadamia Nut, Organic Coconut Butter, Organic Hemp Seed, Organic Sunflower Oil, Erythritol, Organic Lucuma, Organic Cinnamon, Pink Himalayan Salt, Organic Stevia (leaf) Extract
Ingredients: Almond, Macadamia Nut, Organic Chia Seed, Organic Coconut Oil, Pink Himalayan Salt
Ingredients: Organic Peanut, Macadamia Nut, Organic Chia Seed, Organic Coconut Oil, Pink Himalayan Salt
Ingredients: Hazelnut, Cashew (Cashew and Organic Sunflower Oil), Organic Cocoa Butter, Organic Cocoa Powder, Erythritol, Macadamia Nut, Organic Lucuma, Organic Chia Seed, Organic Coconut Oil, Organic Cinnamon, Organic Stevia (leaf) Extract
Where clean eating meets high-performance nutrition
Omega-6s and omega-3s are types of polyunsaturated fat that your body doesn’t have enzymes to produce, so you must get them from your diet. Both have their place, but eating too much Omega-6 fats promotes inflammation in the body, leading to a variety of unhealthy conditions. Omega-3 fats, on the other hand, are believed to be support anti-inflammatory properties.
Due to the abundance of processed foods we consume—particularly refined vegetable oils—most people get far too much Omega-6s, and not enough Omega-3s. And even if you make an effort to eat a well-rounded diet, balancing your fats is key for optimal health.
With Fatbutter®, the extra dose of Omega-3 rich foods improve the omega-6-to-omega-3 fatty-acid ratio while pumping up the flavor even further. The addition of beneficial fats also promotes satiation, helping to prevent overeating by keeping your hunger satisfied for a longer period of time than any conventional nut butter could.
With no added sugars, Fatbutter® makes for the perfect snack or dessert treat—even on a low-carb or ketogenic diet. It’s a win-win, and after one taste, we think you’ll agree this is one partnership made in heaven.
All of the ingredients you need; none of what you don’t
We take our commitment to providing clean, nutritious, and delicious foods seriously. That’s why you won’t find any of the typical fillers like soybean, canola, or other refined oils in Onnit Fatbutter®. The only ingredients on this label are whole, nutritious, earth grown nutrients to help your body look and perform its best.
Macadamia nuts. One of the creamiest and most popular nuts taste-wise, macadamias also offer vitamin A, B vitamins, iron, folate, and the same type of beneficial monounsaturated fat that’s in olive oil.
Organic chia seed. The journal Food Chemistry found these South American seeds help support cellular health.
Organic coconut oil. A 2017 study concluded that daily consumption of coconut oil boosts HDL cholesterol levels, a marker of cardiovascular health.
Organic hemp seeds. Offers omega-3 fats and helps support cellular health.
Organic lucuma. A Peruvian fruit that looks like a cross between a mango and an avocado, lucuma is naturally sweet and high in beta-carotene, iron, zinc, and calcium.
What to expect when you dive into Fatbutter®
Besides an explosion of flavor fueled by the perfect blend of high-quality and untarnished ingredients? Guilt-free decadence.
Because we use only authentic, real ingredients in these blends, sometimes the cocoa butter and coconut oil separate to the top. Other brands use unnecessary fillers and agents to prevent it, but we feel a better way to combine the organic ingredients is to simply stir and enjoy. 🥄
Get more recipes at Onnit Academy
- 1 tbsp. Onnit Snickerdoodle Fatbutter®️
- 3 tbsp. hemp hearts
- 3 tbsp. unsweetened shredded coconut
- ¼ cup crushed nuts of choice*
- 2 tsp. chia seeds
- 2 tbsp. full-fat canned coconut milk or cream
- ½ cup unsweetened vanilla almond milk
- ¼ tsp. SweetLeaf Stevia Drops, vanilla creme**
- ¼ cup blueberries, optional
- Ground cinnamon, to taste
- Mix all ingredients except the fruit in a Tupperware container or mason jar. Mix with a spoon until combined. Don’t worry, the chia seeds and hemp will absorb the excess milk to create a more oatmeal-like consistency.
- Place in refrigerator for 3 hours or overnight.
- Top with fresh berries and nuts of choice when ready to enjoy. If you’d like a little more protein, add 1 scoop of Onnit’s Vanilla Whey Isolate protein powder when mixing prior to refrigeration.
|Yield:||2 large Belgian waffles|
- 1 ½ cup gluten-free Simple Mills Pancake & Waffle Mix*
- 3 eggs, whisked
- 2 tbsp. organic coconut oil, melted
- 5 tbsp. unsweetened vanilla almond milk
- ¼ cup organic maple syrup
- ¼ cup Onnit Salted Almond Fatbutter®️
- Fresh berries, to garnish
- Coconut whipped cream, optional
- Preheat your Belgian waffle maker. Lightly coat with coconut oil to prevent sticking. In a large mixing bowl, add the gluten-free mix, whisked eggs, almond milk, melted coconut oil, 2 tbsp. Onnit Salted Almond FatButter®️, and 2 tbsp. maple syrup. Stir to combine thoroughly.
- Pour ½ of the batter into the waffle maker. Flip when advised. Remove waffle and set aside. Repeat with remaining batter.
- Drizzle each waffle with the remaining 2 tbsp. Salted Almond FatButter®️. If you’re like the majority of the population, you don’t have a piping bag for decoration. So I added the FatButter®️ to one corner of a sandwich-size Ziplock bag. Then I cut a tiny portion of the tip off, not too big, just enough to be able to pipe out the nut butter. Then I lightly drizzle it across the waffle in zig-zags.
- I garnished with fresh mixed berries and coconut whipped cream, served with a side of maple syrup. But feel free to add whatever tickles your fancy: grass-fed butter, bananas, crushed nuts for crunch. Go on, get crazy with it!
- 2 tbsp. Onnit Creamy Peanut Fatbutter®️
- 1 scoop Powerfood Vitality
- 1 scoop collagen protein*
- 1 tbsp. MCT Oil
- ¼ cup blueberries, frozen
- 1 unsweetened acai pack, frozen
- 1 cup fresh spinach
- ⅛ tsp. Himalayan salt
- 12 fl. oz. unsweetened almond milk
- ¼ cup ice
- Add all ingredients to a high-powered blender. Pulse until smooth. Enjoy as a pre- or post-workout protein shake or simply as a snack in between meals!
- 3 tbsp. Onnit Chocolate Hazelnut Fatbutter®️
- 1 tsp. Lily’s stevia-sweetened mini chocolate chips
- 1 tbsp. grass-fed butter or ghee, melted
- ½ tbsp. cacao or cocoa powder
- 1 large egg
- 3 tbsp. almond or hazelnut flour
- ½ tsp. gluten-free baking powder
- ¼ tsp. Stevia Sweet Leaf drops*, vanilla creme
- Pinch Himalayan salt
- In a small bowl, mix the mini chocolate chips with 1 ½ tbsp. of the Fatbutter®️. Using your hands, gently roll and form this mixture into a ball. Place in refrigerator to firm up while you move onto the next step.
- In serving mug of choice, mix together the remaining ingredients until thoroughly combined and a batter-like consistency is formed. You might have to heat the remaining 1 ½ tbsp. of Fatbutter®️ for 10 seconds in the microwave so that it can be easily mixed in.
- Remove the chocolate Fatbutter®️ ball from the refrigerator. Carefully place into the center of the batter, pushing down until mostly covered by batter but not all the way to the bottom.
- Microwave mug for 50 seconds, or until the cake is barely set, and the center is a rich, chocolatey, molten lava mouthful of joy. You’ll understand soon.