This course is the foundational basis upon which all other courses in the Onnit Academy Longevity & Performance System are created. It has been designed to provide attendees an introduction to multi-planar movement through positionally strong and structurally integrated application. Developing not only enhanced access to stability, strength and increased range of motion, but doing so in a way that provides therapeutic benefit for pain free and injury resistant training.
And we do so while implementing the groundwork to training with a wide array of unique tools!
With a solid platform from which to launch, fuelled through a unified framework, the Onnit Academy Foundations Certification instills the means to apply powerful principles that build up proficiency with the tools presented, as well as any others the system is applied to.
Begin your journey to bridging where your current capacity is, to the as yet undiscovered potential you could be.
The Onnit Academy Foundations Course teaches participants to:
• Understand basic movement theory through a simplified perspective.
• Build true movement potential by expanding to a multi-dimensional movement model.
• Establish alignment protocols for optimal structural integration.
• Identify deteriorating movement paths and how to address it by improving mechanics.
• Prime movement and decompress for activity specific preparation and recovery.
• Bridge the gap between high quality primary movement integration to capacity broadening movement sophistication.
• Employ a framework to improve movement and structure with any tool or system.
• Scale training effectively in order to increase the spectrum of people one is coaching, from general fitness to sports performance.
• Strengthen the understanding and connection with the work of allied clinician’s and corrective specialists.
Specific techniques and protocols serve as strong structural components in the building of a system. They provide clear direction in the initial application of the curriculum. However, when those techniques and protocols define the system itself, which is more common than not, self limiting obstacles begin to arise. Such an approach to the proliferation of a system offers definitive structure for implementation, but will inevitably find the edge of it’s effectiveness. Because no singular, specific application will work for all people in all scenarios.
On the other hand, create a system based on PRINCIPLES, based on the universal truths interwoven throughout, and an incredibly powerful framework is established through which each unique situation can be tested and applied. In this manner, the value of varied techniques, tools and protocols can be utilized even if they should seem contradictory to the ones previously successful. Using such a system, allows one to be highly adaptable, meet someone where they are and guide them on an unfolding journey of reaching their greatest capacity.
The power of a principle based system is the driving force behind all curriculum offered by the Onnit Academy. And through a clear, applicable delivery, the Foundations Certification Course is where the initial building blocks are laid.
• No prerequisite required to attend this Foundational course of the Onnit Academy Longevity & Performance System.
• This course is highly recommended as a precursor to any other Onnit Academy certification course.
$595US – General Admission
“Where do I begin?”
A question we all ask ourselves.
If you could look into the future and see the outcome of any choice made, would you choose the starting point that:
• Was simply good enough?
• Would serve you short term?
• Didn’t have connection potential to other propelling choices?
• Made the process a greater struggle to move forward?
Or would you choose the starting point that:
• Gave the most impactful boost in your journey, both in the immediate future and along the route of ongoing growth?
At the Onnit Academy, we choose the latter.
The Onnit Academy Foundations Certification is a very robust offering that covers a wide range of training modalities:
The impact their utilization can have not only on your training, but your lifelong health and performance, is immense. However many are not yet familiar with how to incorporate most of these tools effectively.
As such, it would have been very easy to make this about Quantity & Flash rather than Depth & Growth.
But we made a choice.
Through the focus of a learning system that builds a solid foundation with each of the modalities presented over the course of this certification, the establishment of a deeper framework is seamlessly interwoven.
Why take the time to just learn a bunch of specific movements, when you could learn to understand, “see” and improve quality of movement through their application?
In addition to technique, we:
• Simplify the Understanding of Movement Theory
• Expand to a Multi-Dimensional View for True Movement Capacity
• Re-Discover our “Center” to Effectively Identify a Deteriorating Movement Path
• Provide a Process for Structural Integration
• Prime Movement for Activity Specific Preparation
• Decompress to Actively Recover
Now it becomes more than just movement.
Now this becomes a dynamic means to navigate a horizon of untapped movement potential.
But to have the capacity to do so beyond just ourselves and be an empowering source for helping others do so with us.
And it doesn’t have to be a complicated.
Through a powerful, principle based process, the Onnit Academy Foundations Certification:
• Sets a baseline for each of the modalities taught that can be applied immediately!
• Bridges the often choppy passage from high quality primary movement integration to capacity broadening movement sophistication.
A process that does not limit you only to the compelling employment of the tools learned here, but any tool or system you have at hand. Which in turn supports you to continue:
• Developing a keener eye for identifying dysfunction and address it through improving movement quality.
• Refining your ability to scale training effectively, thereby expanding the spectrum of people you can train, from general fitness to sports enhancement.
• Providing the often missing link between the work of our allied clinician’s and corrective specialists, to the purposeful progress of those we all serve.
We decided to make our contribution a channel for you to deepen your connection to a process of meaningful evolution. To provide a launching point that will catapult your journey of living and sharing an Optimized Life.
The choice to do so together… is yours.
Meet the Masters
John Wolf: Chief Fitness Officer
John Wolf’s role as Chief Fitness Officer for Onnit allows him to be involved in many facets of the business but his primary role has always been as a coach. John has architected the Onnit Academy Certification System and is involved in the design and teaching of each certification course.
Through the culmination of years of coaching experience in various systems and modalities to a wide variety of audiences, he brings a high level of insight into the comprehensiveness reflected in the content. Which feeds the empowerment of strong, critical thinking coaches/trainers who can adjust and adapt to the unique needs of all they train, making the impact of their service all the more potent.
Shane Heins: Director of Fitness Education
In his role as Director of Fitness Education for the Onnit Academy, Shane Heins brings his years of experience coaching a broad audience through a variety of modalities and keen sense for interconnectivity to the design, development, teaching and delivery of each certification course. A process through which the heart of each offering is drawn out and made an essential component of the experience.
His passion for helping others develop personally and professionally in the quest to provide their own unique contributions to the greater good make him the perfect person for this role.
Follow John & Shane at Onnit Academy On Demand!
The video-on-demand offering for the Onnit Academy provides each of our Master Coaches a channel to provide fitness programming highlighting their expertise. If you are curious about what the Foundations Course entails or how to apply the content then subscribing to John & Shane’s channels is a great way to start getting more familiar!
8:30 AM – Foundations Certification Sign In & Orientation
9:00 AM – Morning Session Begins
Durability Mobility Presentation A
Onnit Academy Movement Theory Presentation
Bodyweight Fundamentals/Movement Prep
1:00 PM Lunch
2:00 PM – Afternoon Session Begins
6:30 PM – Day 1 Complete
8:30 AM – Morning Session Begins
1:00 PM Lunch
2:00 PM – Afternoon Session Begins
6:00 PM – Day 2 Complete
Do you have questions about Onnit Academy Certification?
Would you like to speak to a master trainer to learn more? Please complete the form below and we’ll contact you as soon as possible.