If you’re reading this right now, you are someone who wants to take their training to the next level and find the most efficient ways to reach your optimal fitness goals.
As an MMA conditioning coach I understand that combat fighters are some of the best conditioned athletes in the world. The intensity of fights are non-stop and one mistake can lead to defeat.
As important as skill training is, if you don’ t have the strength and conditioning to utilize your skills, then you are useless.
Developing peak overall physical condition is the ultimate goal while training for power, explosiveness, strength, speed, agility and muscular endurance.
This is where metabolic conditioning workouts step up to the plate and deliver.
You don’t need to be an MMA athlete to gain the benefits from these workouts. This type of training has become popular with fitness enthusiasts who want to improve their VO2 max, strength, power, and agility while burning fat and building lean muscle.
|41 minutes||1-3x per week||strength training||high intensity||as many as possible in 60 seconds||15 seconds|
Metabolic conditioning workouts use exercises that burn lots of calories during your workout and keep the body burning calories after your workout ends. They usually involve the entire body, short periods of rest and are designed to push the limits of your body to build strength and endurance while getting toned. The workouts below are some of the toughest and most challenging exercise plans on the planet, which means you, will improve your overall conditioning fast.
My metcon workouts are a mixture of burpee variations with strength, plyometric, core and abs movements. Each circuit consists of 10 exercises; five are burpee variations and the other five are strength exercises.
Each metabolic conditioning workout is full body and will target the following movements:
The burpee variations will also consist of these movement as well, making metabolic conditioning the ultimate workout.
The metabolic circuits consist of power training, plyometrics, strength and conditioning, cardio, muscular endurance and core development.
These metabolic circuits will help you improve your overall fitness – using your Bodyweight, Kettlebells, Dumbbells, Barbells, Medicine Balls, Stability Balls, Resistance Bands, Sandbags and other fitness equipment to jack up your metabolism, burn body fat and improve your overall work capacity.
The bi-product is usually a strong, lean and ripped body.
Finally metabolic circuits will test you mentally and push you to your physical limits. Be prepared for battle and DO NOT QUIT!
Metabolic Conditioning Workout Instructions
Perform as many reps as possible of each exercise for 60 seconds followed by a 15 seconds rest one after the other with no rest in between.
● Rest for 2 minutes and repeat for 3 Full Rounds.
● Workout Time = 41 minutes.
Warm up before and stretch after this workout.
1. Side-to-Side Kettlebell Swings
2. Alternating Single Leg Burpees
3. Alternating Abs Bicycle Kicks
4. Plyo Push Up Burpees
5. Zercher Forward Lunges
6. Dumbbell Burpees
7. Barbell High Pulls
8. Speed Climber Burpees
9. Dumbbell Punches
1. Heavy Kettlebell High Pull Swings
2. Burpee Sprawls
3. Rotational Mountain Climbers
4. Side-to-Side Slalom Burpees
5. Dumbbell Side to Side Lunges
6. Double Burpees (2 Push Ups and 2 Prisoner Jump Squats)
7. Stability Ball Roll Ups
8. Grasshopper Burpees
9. Ground and Pound – Alternating Dumbbell Rows
10. Burpee Speed Thrusters
1. Dumbbell Deadlift Curls
2. Slalom Burpees
3. Abs V-Ups
4. Double Knee Tap Burpees
5. Dumbbell Step Ups
6. Double Push Up Burpees
7. Hand to Hand KB Depth Rows
8. Quad Thrust Burpees
9. Alternating Side to Side Lateral Raises
10. Alternating Kick Thru Toe Touch Burpees
1. DB Clean And Press
2. Burpee Kick Thrus
3. Alternating Knee Hip Thrusts
4. Rotating Burpees
5. Goblet Lunge
6. Bunny Hop Sprawls
7. Inverted Rows
8. Rolling Burpees
9. SandBag Shouldering Side To Side Cleans
10. Burpee Thrusters Speed
1. Alternating DB Swings
2. Mountain Climber Burpees
3. Stability Ball Knee Strikes
4. Med Ball Thai Power Thrust Burpees
5. Alternating Jump Knees
6. Burpee Switch Kicks
7. Speed Push Ups
8. Tuck Jump Burpees
9. Shoulder 15’s
10. Alternating Burpees Knees
1. Heavy Kettlebell Swings 36 KG.
2. Regular Burpees
3. Abs V-Ups
4. Alternating Knee to Chest Push Up Burpees
5. Dumbbell Thrusters – 30 lbs.
6. Alternating One Leg Kick Back Burpees
7. DB Renegade Row – 30 lbs.
8. Plyo Lunge Burpees (Jump Lunge Burpees)
10. Tuck Jump Burpees
1. Pull Ups/Chin Ups
2. Overhead Clap Burpees
3. Side-to-Side walking Plank
4. Sprint Burpees
5. Alternating Reverse-forward bodyweight lunge
6. Alternating Side jump burpees
7. Dive Bombers
8. 8-Count Burpees/Leg Split Burpees
9. Plyo Push Ups
10. Double Jump Squat Burpees
1. DB Deadlift and Curl
2. Pull Up Burpees
3. Bench/Floor In and Outs
4. Everest Climber Burpees
5. Alternating Barbell Lunges
6. Double Burpee Thrusters with Jump
7. Alternating DB Chest Press
8. Burpee Plank Raises (Bridges)
9. DB Front Raise
10. 6 Count Burpees – (Burpee – Push Up – Jump)