Fall is among us, and we all know what that means. No, it’s not always about pumpkin spice lattes. We’re talking about football! Can I get a hallelujah? There are very few things in life that get me as excited as watching a bunch of 300-pound men tackle each other while I drink beer, scream at the TV screen, eat delicious food, and laugh with my friends.
No matter how disciplined you are when it comes to diet, fried chicken wings and mac ‘n’ cheese are hard to resist in the moment (three drinks down especially). But, we all know better, and the following day guilt isn’t worth it.
Don’t ruin your weekday efforts in the gym and the kitchen with Saturday through Sunday night binging. Behold healthy slow cooker recipes that can be repurposed in three ways and will make your tastebuds and waistline beaming with joy. Make it a complete, nutritious tailgate spread with more healthy recipes here.
Healthy Slow Cooker Recipes: Shredded Buffalo Chicken….3 Ways
Slow-Cooked Shredded Buffalo Chicken
Buffalo Chicken & Blue Cheese Stuffed Portobello Caps
Keto-Friendly Lettuce Wraps
Shredded Buffalo Chicken Dip
Prep time: 10 minutes
● 5 carrots, peeled and sliced
● 4 stalks celery, sliced
● Assorted bell peppers, pitted, seeds removed, sliced
● Corn or grain-free tortillas chips of choice*, optional
● Buffalo shredded chicken, recipe above
● Primal Kitchen’s Ranch Dressing (Avocado Oil Based)
* Tip: Always for a simple ingredient list. For chips, it should only be 4 to 6 or less ingredients. One of my favorite brands is Siete grain-free cassava tortilla chips! When I’m looking for corn tortilla chips, I’m looking for non-GMO or organic corn on the label. Tried to avoid refined oils and unnecessary preservatives (i.e. ingredients you can’t pronounce) when possible.
1. This one is fairly straightforward: Add the shredded buffalo chicken to a bowl, and serve with fresh, sliced vegetables like carrots, celery, and bell peppers. Include your favorite tortilla chips and a side of ranch dressing, if you’d like. You can also use this shredded chicken in a healthy seven-layer dip or top with shredded cheese and bake to serve warm.