Who here likes bacon? We know we do. How about butter? It makes everything taste better.
These foods and other sources of saturated fats are not only delicious, but are also essential for optimal health and performance. Traditional cultures were eating these foods thousands of years ago and weren’t plagued with the array of chronic health conditions that we face today. They were also ripped to shit. We don’t skim the fat, and you shouldn’t either. On that note, here is a delicious recipe to try!
Bacon Bar INGREDIENTS:
TIME: Prep – 35 minutes, Bake – 15 minutes YIELD: 30 Pieces
- 3/4 cup Camino Dark Chocolate Chips
- 1/2 cup organic/grass fed butter (or organic coconut oil)
- 1 cup organic coconut flour
- 4 free range eggs
- 1/3 cup local maple syrup or raw honey
- 1⁄2 cup unsweetened shredded coconut
- 3⁄4-1 tsp Organic Traditions Ground Vanilla Bean Powder (or 1 tbsp vanilla extract) 6 slices home-candied bacon
- 6 slices for cookies + 4 slices for sprinkles = 10 slices traditionally raised bacon
- 1 tbsp coconut sap sweetner, granulated
- 2 tbsp local maple syrup
- Vanilla bean butter frosting (this makes extra so enjoy! Otherwise, it can be hard to mix. We normally make a double recipe or eat the remainder by the spoonful.)
- 1 cup organic/grass fed butter
- 2 tsp Organics ground vanilla bean powder (or 3 tbsp organic vanilla extract) – 3 tbsp raw honey
Candied Bacon Process:
- Place bacon strips in a large pan and cook at med-high heat on the stove.
- When bacon is half cooked, drizzle with maple syrup and sprinkle with coconut sap sweetener.
- Continue to flip and stir bacon until cooked thoroughly, slightly crispy but not burnt.
- Remove from pan and allow to cool completely.
- Once cooled, separate your bacon (6 & 4) and chop finely. – We like to rip it up with our hands!
- Put the bacon bits for
the sprinkles aside for later.
Bacon Bar Cooking Process
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- In a medium sized mixing bowl combine eggs, maple syrup, and vanilla.
- Once mixed, mix in coconut flour.
- Melt butter over low heat and mix into batter.
- Stir in shredded coconut and chocolate chips.
- Fold in candied bacon bits. – Remember to save the appropriate amount listed above for sprinkles!
- Shape cookies into square bars using your hands, and place on Stoneware bar pan or parchment paper lined baking sheet.
- Bake for 15 min.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool completely! (They should go in the fridge before topping otherwise the icing will melt!)
Bacon Bar Frosting Process:
- In a medium sized mixing bowl combine butter, vanilla and honey using a hand mixer.
- Continue mixing thoroughly until ingredients become a fluffy frosting –It’s so fluffy I could die!
- Once cookies are cool, spread on a thick layer of vanilla bean butter frosting.
- Top with candied bacon sprinkles (slightly press them into the frosting so they stick!)
- ENJOY! –Store extras (if there are any) in the fridge.