Everything tastes better with bacon, but the same can be said about chocolate. So, why not combine the two together for a decadent, yet paleo/primal friendly appetizer.
This appetizer is super easy to make and can be prepared before a party, so your guests will be munching on the salty, sweet, and oh-so-satisfying bite-sized, bacon-wrapped chocolate-stuffed dates the second they arrive at your home.
- 15 pieces menonite bacon
- 1 lb medjool dates (approx 30)
- 1 bar dark chocolate (organic, soy and dairy free, 75+%)
- Preheat oven to 375 F
- Chop chocolate into small sections to fit into dates.
- Rinse and pat dry dates, and then proceed to pit them. In place of the pit, add a piece of the chopped chocolate, and press the date firmy closed.
- Cut bacon strips in half, and wrap around stuffed dates. Spear with a toothpick.
- Place on a baking sheet covered with bleach-free parchment paper, and bake for 22-25 minutes, depending on how crispy you like the bacon.
- Remove from oven and let cool. Place in the fridge for 1-2 hours to cool completely.We find these are MUCH tastier once the chocolate has had a chance to solidify again, so please take the time to cool them. It’ll be worth the wait.
- Serve. Yields 30 pieces.