This coconut and tapioca flour based cake is perfect for breakfast with ingredients like 6 eggs and yummy fresh strawberries, it really fills you up and leaves you pushing away those pastries sitting in the break room at the office!
Strawberry Lemon Breakfast Cake Ingredients
- ½ cup coconut flour
- ¼ cup tapioca flour
- ½ tsp baking soda
- ½ tbsp. melted coconut oil
- 2 tsp. grated lemon zest
- 6 large eggs
- ¼ cup raw honey
- 2 tbsp. lemon juice
- 1 cup slice organic strawberries (plus more to place on top)
Preheat oven to 350*
- Sift (sifting is important! Don’t skip!) Coconut flour, tapioca flour, and baking soda into a bowl.
- In a large bowl, beat eggs, then add coconut oil, lemon zest, and honey until combined.
- Slowly add flour mixture to egg mixture, then add lemon juice and stir until well combined.
- Gently fold in sliced strawberries and pour into pre-oiled baking dish.
- Baked for 35-40 minutes (until a toothpick inserted comes out clean.)
- Let the cake cool for 5-10 minutes (or eat piping hot like I do, just be careful not to burn your tongue!)