Can I have a big salad?
A big salad?
You see… It’s a salad, only bigger, with lots of stuff in it.
I can bring you two small salads.
Could you put it in a big bowl?
We don’t have big bowls…
Try this Big Ass Salad for dinner tonight. It is a quick, simple recipe to whip up for dinner while saving half for lunch the following day.
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon fresh chopped thyme
- 1 tablespoon fresh chopped oregano
- 1 tablespoon fresh chopped dill
- 2 teaspoons smoked paprika
- 1 tablespoon lemon zest and juice
- 6 cups fresh greens, such as romaine
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved if large avocado, bacon, eggs, for serving.
1. Toss the chicken with olive oil, herbs, paprika, lemon, salt, and pepper. Grill 5-8 minutes per side until cooked through.
2. For the vinaigrette: combine 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil, 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar, 2 tablespoons fresh chopped basil, 2 teaspoons dijon mustard, salt, pepper, and crushed red pepper flakes in a jar.
3. Combine the greens, tomatoes, avocado, chicken, bacon, and eggs. Drizzle with vinaigrette. Enjoy!
For more recipes or if you want to follow Raleigh’s transformation story you can do so on instagram @raleigh_koel_moore.