Everyone needs more vegetables in their diet, so why not start with this Teriyaki Chicken Salad Recipe. This salad if full of color and flavor, as well as being packed with nutrients. Decadent teriyaki chicken rounds out the bitter greens and sweet fruit.
● 1 cup honey teriyaki marinade
● 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts
● 6 cups torn romaine lettuce
● 3 medium kiwifruit, peeled and sliced
● 20 ounces pineapple chunks
● 11 ounces mandarin oranges
● 2 celery ribs, chopped
● 1 medium sweet red pepper, chopped
● 1 medium green pepper, chopped
● 1 cup fresh raspberries
● 1 cup sliced fresh strawberries
● 3 green onions, chopped
● 1/2 cup salted cashews
● 1/3 cup olive oil & balsamic vinegar mix
1. Place marinade in a large tupperware or plastic bag; add in the chicken. Seal container and rotate to coat; refrigerate for 8 hours or overnight. Drain and discard marinade.
2. Grill chicken, covered, over medium heat or broil 4 in. from the heat for 5-7 minutes on each side or until a meat thermometer reads 170°.
3. Slice chicken. Separate the romaine, kiwi, pineapple, oranges, celery, peppers, raspberries and strawberries among six plates; top with chicken. Sprinkle with green onions and cashews. Drizzle with oil and vinegar mix.
Yields 6 Servings.
1 serving equals:
11 g fat (2 g saturated fat)
42 mg cholesterol
761 mg sodium
49 g carbohydrate
7 g fiber
20 g protein