There’s absolutely no reason you can’t indulge in the foods you crave while maintaining a healthy lifestyle. At Onnit, we’re all about combining flavor with function so you can optimize your mind, body, and taste buds.
We brought in Zach Rocheleau, king of food porn, of The Flexible Dieting Lifestyle to show us his skills. He’s created two keto recipes that are going to blow your mind. Want to eat pizza and cookie dough while still feeling good about it? We got you. Behold the Keto Pepperoni Pizza (cauliflower crust not included) and Keto Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough.
Keto Pepperoni Pizza
By: Zach Rocheleau, The Flexible Dieting Lifestyle
Yields: 1 small pizza
Cook Time: 20 minutes
Ingredients (Keto Crust)
50g almond flour (3.5 tbsp.)
5g coconut flour (1.5 tsp.)
30g whole milk ricotta (⅛ cup)
56g (2oz) shredded monterey jack cheese (or any full-fat cheese you want)
1 pasture-raised egg
2g baking powder (½ tsp)
Dash of dried oregano and dried basil
60g no-sugar-added marinara of choice (¼ cup)
28g shredded Monterey Jack cheese (1 oz)
6 uncured pepperonis
1) Preheat your oven to 450 degree Fahrenheit. Add your ricotta and 2 oz. of Monterey Jack cheese into a microwave safe bowl. Microwave for 30 seconds. Then take out and mix until they are full formed together.
2) Now you will add your egg and mix that in. In a separate bowl, mix together your dry ingredients to avoid any clumps. Then add those a little bit at a time and start to mix them in with cheese and egg mixture. Once you’ve mixed them around a good bit, you should have a super thick paste like consistency.
3) Now you will take your pizza pan, add some parchment paper to it, and add your dough on top. Make sure to have a bowl of warm water to wet your hands because the dough will be too sticky to handle if not. So dip your fingers into the warm water and then start to spread your dough out. You are just spreading it out by pressing your fingers into the dough and just working it out bigger and bigger into a pizza shape. Continue to wet your fingers.
4) So now once you have a solid pizza shape, take a fork and poke some holes in it to ensure it doesn’t bubble up. Now add to your oven to cook for about 12-15 minute. You are cooking until it is golden.
5) Once pizza is done, take out of the oven and add your pizza toppings and add back in for about 5 minutes. Then put on broil for 1 to 2 minutes, or until the cheese turns golden on top. Slice up and enjoy this heavenly Keto Pizza!
Pro Tip: If you want to bring down the macros a bit, you can use half the amount of cheese in the base of the dough (drop to 28g) and use more 30g more of the ricotta.
9 net carbs, 63g fat, 18g carbohydrates, 9g fiber, 42g protein
Keto Edible Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough
By: Zach Rocheleau, The Flexible DIeting Lifestyle
Yields: 1 bowl (serves 2-3)
Prep Time: 10 minutes
42g grass-fed or pastured butter, room temperature (3 Tbsp)
28g cashew butter, room temperature (2 Tbsp)
14g full-fat organic cream cheese, room temperature (1 Tbsp)
120g unsweetened vanilla almond milk (4oz)
42g coconut flour (¼ cup)
2g vanilla extract (can omit this if you use the drops) (½ tsp.)
6 drops of Sweet Leaf Liquid Stevia vanilla creme (Can sub 2g Zero Cal Sweetener of your choice)
15g Lily’s Stevia-sweetened chocolate chips (1 Tbsp)
1) If not at room temperature, add butter, cashew butter and cream cheese to a microwave safe bowl and add them to the microwave for 15 seconds to soften. Then mix together.
2) Now add your almond milk and sweet drops. Mix all that together. Now add half your coconut flour and mix together. Then add the rest and mix. Once it is pretty thick, add your chocolate chips and store in the fridge. I like to do this overnight because the longer it is in the fridge, the more the coconut flour will thicken it up.
3) Then take out and enjoy! Remember sweetness is super relative. You can always add more. So feel free to add more drops or sweetener if you want it be a bit more sweet 🙂
Pro Tip: If you want to lower the carbs a bit and add more protein, you can use 15g of protein and take out 21g of your coconut flour to balance it out!
Macros for bowl:
20g net carbs, 63g fat, 42g carbs, 22g fiber, 16g protein