These muffins pack a huge veggie punch with 3 cups of carrots! Eat them as a snack on the go or enjoy them for breakfast!
- ½ cup ghee or coconut oil
- ½ cup unsulphured blackstrap molasses
- ¼ cup dark amber maple syrup
- 6 eggs
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- ¼ cup coconut flour
- ¼ cup tapioca flour
- pinch of sea salt
- ¼ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon ground cloves
- 3 cups (shredded) carrots
- Heat oven to 350* F.
- Whisk eggs in a large mixing bowl and add the rest of the wet ingredients (ghee or coconut oil, pure vanilla extract, molasses, and maple syrup).
- Sift in dry ingredients (coconut flour, tapioca flour, sea salt, baking soda, cinnamon, ginger, and cloves) and mix until combined.
- Fold in shredded carrots.
- Pour mixture ¼ of the way up the muffin containers and bake for 40 minutes.
Coconut Cream Icing Ingredients
- 1 refrigerated (overnight) can of organic coconut milk or 1 can of coconut cream (I use Native Forest Organic Coconut Cream)
- orange for zest
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- 1 chilled mixing bowl
Coconut Cream Icing Instructions
- If using coconut milk, scoop cream off the top and place in a chilled mixing bowl (save the liquid for one of my smoothie or sauce recipes, no waste!)
- If using coconut cream, scoop out and place in chilled bowl, bust out your hand mixer and mix on high speed until soft peaks form.
- Slowly mix in maple syrup and orange zest until combined.
- Wait for the muffins to cool completely before piping icing on and enjoy!