Kofte Kebabs with Tzatziki Yogurt Sauce Recipe
Prep time: 15 minutes
Cook time: 1 hour
Serves: 4-6 servings
Kofte Kebabs Ingredients
● ½ pound ground grass-fed beef*
● ½ lb. ground lamb*
● ¼ cup grated onion
● 4 cloves garlic
● 3 tbsp. chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
● 2 tsp. Himalayan salt
● ¼ tsp. white pepper
● 1 tbsp. ground coriander
● 1 tsp. ground cumin
● Extra virgin olive oil
● Tzatziki, recipe below
● Grilled flatbread**
* You can use any combination of meat you like. Even ground chicken or turkey will work!
**We used whole wheat Lavash by 365.
Tzatziki Yogurt Sauce Ingredients
● 2 cups plain whole milk Greek or Skyr yogurt***
● 1 medium cucumber, peeled, halved, and seeded
● 1 tsp. Himalayan salt
● 1 clove garlic
● 1 tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil
● 1 tsp. fresh lemon juice
● 1 tbsp. chopped fresh mint
● 1 tbsp. fresh dill
***You want to use a thicker yogurt, like Greek or Skyr, with little excess liquid.
Kofte Kebabs Directions
1. Smash the garlic cloves with the flat side of a large knife into a paste. Mix the paste, salt, both meats, onion, parsley, and spices together in a medium mixing bowl.
2. Line a pan with parchment paper. Divide the meat mixture into 28 rough balls. Mold each piece around the pointed end of a skewer. If you use wooden ones, soak them in water for 15 minutes before threading them. Make a 2-inch oval kebab that comes to a point just covering the tip of the skewer. Lay the skewers on the pan, cover, and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes.
3. Heat a grill pan over medium heat or prepare a grill. Brush the pan lightly with olive oil. Grill the kebabs, turning occasionally, until brown crisp edges and cooked through, about 6 minutes total.
4. Transfer to a serving platter and serve with tzatziki sauce, fresh sliced tomatoes, sliced red onions, grilled flatbread, and fresh parsley on top for garnish.
Tzatziki Yogurt Sauce Directions
1. Grate the cucumber on the large holes of a box grater into a bowl. Sprinkle with the salt on cucumbers. Set aside 20 minutes, then squeeze the cucumbers to express as much liquid as possible.
2. Smash the garlic. Stir the grated cucumber, garlic, olive oil, lemon juice, mint, and dill into the yogurt. Refrigerate for at least 1 hour before serving.