Worried about losing that highly coveted 6 pack this Memorial Day? Fear not, we got you covered with these 3 delicious, healthy and most importantly ab-friendly Memorial Day Recipes.
Red, White & Blue Fruit Kabob Recipe
Yields: 24 kabobs
Prep time: 20 minutes
● 1 container fresh strawberries, organic
● 1 large container fresh blueberries, organic
● 1 bag fresh crisp grapes
● ⅓ cup coconut butter
● 3 bananas
● Bamboo skewers
1. Wash all fruit.
2. In a small bowl, add the coconut butter. Microwave for 15 to 30 seconds or until melted.
3. Dip grapes into the melted coconut butter. Line flat on a plate or pan lined with parchment. Freeze while you prepare the remaining ingredients.
4. De-stem and slice strawberries in half. Peel bananas and slice in 2″ thick rounds.
5. Now, just have fun with it. Slide the bamboo stick into the fruit. You can alternate red (strawberries), blue (blueberries), and white (coconut butter covered grapes or banana slices). Another option, create an American flag with all the skewers. I recommend laying them out as you go so you can visualize the flag. Use two grapes or one banana for the white lines, one strawberry for the red line, and blueberries for the top left corner.
Healthy Coleslaw Recipe
Yields: 12 servings
Prep time: 25 minutes
● 1 green cabbage, shredded
● ½ purple cabbage, shredded
● ½ cup shredded carrots
● 1 crisp apple, julienned
● ½ cup avocado oil mayo
● ½ cup full-fat Greek or Skyr yogurt
● 2 tbsp. raw, unfiltered honey
● 2 tbsp. apple cider vinegar
● ½ tsp. Dijon mustard
● Juice from ½ lemon
● Salt & pepper to taste
● Fresh parsley, optional
● Pumpkin or seeds of choice for extra crunch, optional
1. Combine shredded cabbage and carrots in a large bowl.
2. In a small bowl, toss the apples with lemon juice and set aside.
3. Make the dressing: add the mayo, yogurt, honey, lemon juice, mustard, vinegar, salt and pepper in a bowl. Whisk to combine. Pour dressing over shredded cabbage & carrots.
4. Drain apples, and toss in. Here you can add any seeds or nuts of choice. I love pumpkin seeds, but sunflower seeds and sliced almonds work great here too! Garnish with fresh parsley.
5. Serve immediately, or refrigerate for up to 2 days.
Slow-Cooker Jalapeno 4-Meat & Sweet Potato Chili
Our primal instincts tells us to eat whatever animal we can get our hands on for means of survival. Our slow cookers tell us to gather everything we can get our hands on for lazy, indecisive meat eaters. I say, let’s combine both! With four types of meat (beef, chicken, turkey, and bison), two types of beans (kidney and black), and all types of flavor, this grain-free, sweet potato chili is filling, healthy and has just enough jalapeno to spice up your life (in all the best ways).
Yields: 6-8 servings
● 2 tbsp. Onnit coconut oil
● 1 lb. lean (90/10) ground beef, grass-fed if possible
● 2 chicken breasts, chopped into 2” cubes
● 3 Onnit Warrior Bars, turkey & buffalo jalapeno flavor
● 1 large yellow onion, chopped
● 3 small sweet potatoes, cleaned & diced
● 2 jalapenos, sliced thin
● 28 oz. can crushed tomatoes
● 15 oz. can black beans, rinsed and drained
● 15 oz. can kidney beans, rinsed and drained
● 3 cups low-sodium chicken stock, pastured-raised if possible
● 3 tsp. Onnit Himalayan salt
● 1 tsp. garlic powder
● 1 tsp. cayenne pepper
● 2 tsp. cumin
● 1 tsp. black pepper
● 2 tbsp. chili powder
● 2 tsp. smoked paprika
● Green onions, thinly sliced
● Avocado (squeeze lemon or lime on top to prevent oxidizing, or browning, when serving)
● Shredded white cheddar cheese, raw cheese if possible
● Plain full-fat Greek yogurt
1. Heat 1 tbsp. coconut oil in a large pan or cast-iron skillet over medium-high heat. Add the chopped onion, ground beef, 1 tsp. Himalayan salt, garlic powder, black pepper. Cook and break up the beef as you stir, until the beef is no longer pink. Add 1 tbsp. chili powder, smoked paprika, and cumin. Transfer beef to the bottom of the slow cooker.
2. Using the same pan, add 1 tbsp. coconut oil and the chicken breast cubes. Sear the chicken until cooked through, about 6 minutes. Add chicken on top of beef in slow cooker.
3. Slice the Warrior Bars in half lengthwise, then into small ½-inch pieces transversely. Add to the slow cooker.
4. Finally, add the diced sweet potato, black beans, kidneys beans, crushed tomatoes, chicken broth, cayenne pepper, and remaining Himalayan salt & chili powder.
5. Cover and cook on high for 3-4 hours or low for 5-6 hours, until the potatoes are tender. Serve warm with desired toppings.