Is there anything better than a sweet, refreshing, homemade popsicle during the sweatiest, smelliest months of the year? I don’t think so. If you don’t have popsicle molds, don’t you worry! You can use small dixie cups, tall shot glasses, or mini muffin tins as a substitute. All you do is cover the faux-mold that you have on hand with aluminum foil. Then insert popsicle sticks into the center. The foil is necessary to keep the sticks upright while freezing.
We’ve included three light and three creamy flavor profile options for whichever best suits you!
Yields: 3-6 popsicles (for each recipe)
Prep Time: 5-10 minutes
Wait Time: 5-6 hours or overnight in the freezer
Homemade Popsicle #1: THE HYDRATOR
Homemade Popsicle #1 Ingredients
*Look at the ingredient label to make sure it only reads “coconut water” or “pure, virgin coconut water.” You want to avoid anything that says “from concentrate” or any additional sugars or preservatives added. We love Harvest Bay’s All-Natural Coconut Water.
**Feel free to use any fresh, in-season berries of choice. We used fresh, organic raspberries, blueberries, strawberries, and blackberries.
Homemade Popsicle #1 Directions
1. If using strawberries, slice into small pieces to fit in the molds. Add the berries to fill each mold to the top. This is a fun activity for the kids to do! If the blackberries are too big, just slice those up too. I like to alternate berries to display a stacked variety of colors once it freezes up.
2. Then add the coconut water to fill to the top. Add a tiny pinch of Himalayan salt. Cover with the tops, and freeze for 5-6 hours.
When ready to eat, run under warm water for about a minute until it easily pops out.
Homemade Popsicle #2: WATERMELON CITRUS
Homemade Popsicle #2 Ingredients
● ¼ watermelon*, rind removed & cubed
● Juice from 1 lemon
● Fresh mint leaves, roughly chopped
● Splash of all-natural coconut water
● Pinch of Himalayan salt
*Watermelon is sweetest in June through September.
Homemade Popsicle #2 Directions
1. Add cubed watermelon, lemon juice, coconut water (just enough to blend), and Himalayan salt to a food processor or blender. Pulse until smooth.
2. Add the chopped mint leaves to your molds first. Then pour in the watermelon citrus mixture.
3. Cover with tops or insert popsicle sticks. Freeze for 5-6 hours or overnight in the freezer. When ready to eat, run under warm water for about a minute until it easily pops out.
Homemade Popsicle #3: ROSÉ POPSICLE
Homemade Popsicle #3 Ingredients
● Rosé wine (a darker variety like pinot noir will yield a deeper color pink)
● Splash of seltzer or soda water*
● Fresh peaches*, diced
*We used naturally flavored LaCroix.
**Peaches are sweetest May through August.
Homemade Popsicle #3 Directions
1. Add the diced peaches to your molds first. Then pour in your favorite rosé about ¾ of the way up. Then top with seltzer water. This second part isn’t necessary, but it does help prevent the popsicles from melting too quickly.
2. Cover with tops or insert popsicle sticks. Freeze for 5-6 hours or overnight in the freezer. When ready to eat, run under warm water for about a minute until it easily pops out.
Homemade Popsicle #4: MINT CHOCOLATE CHIP
Homemade Popsicle #4 Ingredients
● 1 fresh avocado, pitted & cubed
● 1 tbsp. organic maple syrup
● ¼ tsp. peppermint extract
● ⅓ cup unsweetened vanilla almond milk
● ¼ cup mini dark chocolate chips*
*We love using Enjoy Life! Soy free, dairy free, and nut free chocolate chips
Homemade Popsicle #4 Directions
1. Add the avocado, maple syrup, peppermint extract, and unsweetened vanilla almond milk (or non-dairy milk of choice) to a food processor or blender. Pulse until smooth and creamy.
2. Add in the chocolate chips and pulse for a couple seconds to break up into smaller bits but not entirely.
Using a spoon, add the mixture to the molds. Add tops, then freeze for 5-6 hours.
Homemade Popsicle #5: CHUNKY MONKEY
Homemade Popsicle #5 Ingredients
● 1 banana, sliced
● ¼ cup canned coconut milk
● 1 tbsp. WAC butter
● 1 tbsp. cacao powder
● 1 tsp. monk fruit sweetener
Homemade Popsicle #5 Directions
1. Add ¾ of the banana, coconut milk (or non-dairy milk of choice), WAC butter, cacao powder and sweetener of choice to a food processor or blender. Pulse until smooth and creamy.
2. Add in the remaining sliced banana to the molds. Top with the creamy mixture. Freeze for 5-6 hours or overnight.
Homemade Popsicle #6: BREWCHATA
Homemade Popsicle #6 Ingredients
● Unsweetened vanilla cold brew*
● ⅓ cup unsweetened almond milk
● 1 tbsp. raw honey
● 1 tsp. vanilla extract
● Dash of ground cinnamon
● 1 tbsp. emulsified MCT oil
Homemade Popsicle #6 Directions
1. Add cold brew to ¼ of the mold. Freeze for 5-6 hours until solid.
2. Add remaining ingredients to a food processor or blender. Pulse until smooth.
3. Pour in the horchata mixture on top of the frozen cold brew in the molds. Cover with tops or popsicle sticks. Freeze for 5-6 hours or overnight.